Among literacy educators, Response to Intervention/Multi-Tiered System of Support (RTI/MTSS) is a widely accepted approach to ensure that all students become successful readers. But what makes a truly effective and powerful RTI/MTSS implementation?
This white paper explores the crucial but frequently overlooked role of alignment across all tiers of instruction. Download the white paper to learn:
- What are the characteristics of high-quality, robust Tier I instruction
- Why differentiation is a critical and necessary part of Tier I instruction
- Why Tier II intervention must be a complement to Tier I, never replacing it
- How an aligned scope and sequence across tiers increases instructional efficiency
- Why alignment across tiers creates consistent instructional routines and language, benefiting students
- What guiding questions and considerations should literacy leaders employ to assess instruction alignment in current RTI/MTSS implementations